Sunday 13 January 2013

Snowflakes 4 Tier Winter Wedding Cake

Christmas is a really magical time for a wedding, and I love all things wintery! I always said I wanted a winter wedding - I wanted the fur shrugs, and the lace up boots under my dress, and the icy twig decoration. My hubby however wanted a summer wedding, and I had to compromise on something so it was this, and we ended up getting married in June and having nothing even remotely wintery!
Luckily, I still get to make winter wedding cakes, and this was for Amy and Heike who got married at the lovely Bagden Hall Hotel in Denby Dale, Huddersfield. The theme was snowflakes, and there are a lot on this four tier cake!
Everything else was really simple - no ribbon, no extra decoration, just snowflakes which all had a bit of a sparkle to them.
 Amy posted on my Facebook to say how much they loved their cake, which is a really nice thing to hear! Thank you, and thanks for letting me make your wedding cake. Massive congratulations! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment