Friday 18 November 2011

Surprise Shoebox Birthday Cake

I was contacted by my client who wanted me to create a cake for his partner's birthday party. When we discussed what kind of thing she might like for a cake, he said shoes and bags - what girl doesn't like shoes and bags?! He said I had free rein, as the cake and party were a surprise, so he couldn't go snooping to find out what her favourites were without arousing suspicion! I baked a chocolate cake laced with Baileys, and filled with a Baileys filling, then decorated it to look like a shoebox. The shoe is sugarpaste with edible pearls, so totally edible. 




This was the first time I'd made a large shoe, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I hope the birthday girl likes it - her daughter loved it when she collected it! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment