Monday 28 November 2011

The ugliest cookies in the world?

I had a quiet day last week and instead of putting my feet up as my hubby keeps telling me to do, I made our Christmas cake and some of the ugliest but tastiest cookies ever! They're gluten free, and choc chip, and I didn't have all the ingredients in to make them properly, but they taste divine! I tried to make them circular, as usually cookies circularise (is that a word?) themselves in the oven and look halfway decent when they come out, but not these ones. I made 14 odd shaped ones and I've only got 1 left now - I tell myself it's OK 'cos I'm eating for two :-D 




They were loosely based on a recipe in the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, but I used rice flour rather than normal flour and instead of light brown sugar I used half caster sugar and half dark brown sugar. They are scrummy, but I'm not baking any more for a while - I'll only end up eating them. Nom nom nom x

No comments:

Post a Comment